Why You Should Celebrate Your Birthday + Tips & Advice | #TeamPisces

March 26, 2017 0 Comments A+ a-


Hey guys! So this will be the last instalment of my birthday series. Yesterday was my friend's birthday and although many things didn't go exactly as planned, it definitely served as a reminder as to why its important to celebrate the one day of the year that should be dedicated to you. I hope you guys have enjoyed my mini series. Although we are now into Aries season, I just thought we're all March babies at the end of the day! Personally, its been a great month full of many happiness and celebrations but also some hard lessons were learnt. All will be explained through a blog post on my blog which I know I keep on saying but there's been too many things happening which I just wish to share at a later date so I can get EEEERRRYYYTHING off my chest. But thank you all for reading my posts for this month and now let's begin this one!

Okay, why celebrate your birthday?

1. Your birthday only comes once in a year

There's no reason as to why you shouldn't just do something small or even large on your behalf. This is YOUR day and therefore it should be acknowledged, even if its by only a few. I remember not wanting to make a fuss for my sixteenth birthday but once the day came, I wanted to feel extra special. Which I did feel, considering that my friends brought me two balloons and I had three badges, causing me to be very distinct amongst a sea of people in uniform. Overall its only once a year and its entirely up to you what you wish to do, so big or small- do what you wish. Its YOUR day.

2. Make memories

In every birthday celebration I've had, no matter how big or small they were, memories have always been made. The fact that you can take photos with your friends/family which you can later look back at in the future is great. I highly recommend that you do something in order to have that opportunity to say "Om my gosh, remember *insert a name* birthday?"  or "that was so funny what *insert a name* did at *insert your name* birthday!". We only got one life y'all, better make the most of it!!

3. Celebration of life in general

As soppy or cliche as this may sound, life's a gift guys!! There are people who did not wake up to see today, there's people who prayed to live long but couldn't and there's those who wish they could take your place in your new age of youth. For whatever reason you may not be fond of not celebrating your birthday, whether it be that your missing someone on your special day or even just worrying about things not going right - remember that things will be alright in the end, they always are. Use your birthday to look to the future or use it to remember that you deserve to be happy and enjoy yourself- no matter what situation may occur.

ADVICE AND TIPS:

For people who want to do their birthday BIG:

-A house party!! (This could be intimate or as wild as you want. Just be sure to keep the numbers low enough so that nothing stupid happens: like someone breaking something or possibly gate crashing)
-A hall party (You can get a little crazy with this one, especially if you've got the money to do this)
-A limo and a dinner outing (make sure people turn up on time. If you know your friends are latecomers - if you want them for a certain time, tell them an earlier time to avoid missing a  reservation or upset)
-Rent a hotel room and do your party there! You may even want to sleep over

For people who want to do something SMALL/INTIMATE:

-Go out for food with a few friends and watch a movie afterwards
-Get your hair, nails, make up done for the day and go shopping. Make yourself look nice for the sake of looking nice because its yo birthday!!
-Small house party/get together (This was what I did for my sixteenth and I had a great time. There was music, food and laughter. This will be great for anyone who wants to do something but nothing too big.)
-Go and do something active. Like jumping giants, go karting, a trampoline park - whatever you fancy.
-If you got a bae or a best friend, do something with just the two of you.

REMEMBER:

-Not everything will go to plan guys. There will always be something that doesn't go exactly to plan, big or small. Do not worry because regardless of these implications, they should not be big enough to ruin your day. 
-People might not turn up. This is the hard truth. Although people will say they will defo come, there is that slight probability that they could pull out last minute. Try not to worry too much, your real friends will explain/give a proper excuse as to why they can't make it or will tell you beforehand so they will not disappoint you last minute. We all hate these turn of events but they do happen - just make sure to not let it worry you and to give people enough notice so that people can tell their parents in advance.
-Not everyone will say happy birthday. LOOOL! This used to really make me feel a certain kind of way. I remember how last year for my fifteenth how the guy I was talking to didn't wish me happy birthday 'properly' (I know, I'm such a drama queen) so I was therefore in a kind of mood. Not to mention like 4 people said happy birthday on my social medias when I turned 15th. All I've got to say is this: If you ain't close, why care? Let people say it if they wish to or not at all - either way, the older you get, the more you care about just surrounding yourself with your close friends/family. You learn that a few posts on your Facebook wall doesn't define your importance or your value. So chiiiiiillllllll <3

Hope you all have amazing week - let's go APRIL!!! Thanks for reading and supporting me xxx 
Remember to check out my previous post: My March/birthday playlist!!
"The bags under my eyes are Prada" - french by design

Simply, Jessy Tee