16 Things I Have Learnt In My 16 Years Of Life | #TeamPisces

March 05, 2017 0 Comments A+ a-


Hey beauties! Its been soooooooo long but I'm really happy to have started blogging again. I'm going to be quite honest with you guys - the past couple of months have been hard. Being in my last year of secondary school really puts a strain on me having personal time for myself and various other things. I'm legit ready to just start exams and get to the summer holidays but the distance has really made me grow fonder towards my blog. I have a few posts after this month before one important post but I'll keep you all updated.
But this March you guys (My birthday month), I will be posting every Sunday relating to, yes you guessed it, my birthday!!! As self-absorbed as that may sound, I will be doing a post that will actually help you guys such as: why it's important to celebrate your birthday, what I did for mine and what you could do for yours and also probably a birthday Q&A but I'm not sure yet. Plus my birthday only comes once a year and seeing as its a milestone, there's no harm in me doing a mini-birthday series on the blog. It's called #TeamPisces - because I'm basic and I rep my star sign, we lit. *Fire emoji x3*
Let's go: 16 things I've learnt in 16 years...

1. The acceptance of others is pointless if you don't accept yourself.

I'm not a psychiatrist or anything but I do realise that as humans we seek people's and societies' acceptance. We want people to like us, to appreciate us and to accept as for who we are. But not everyone will babes, that's just life. People can not like you for simply what makes you, you. People may dislike you based off on a couple of petty flaws. And some will not like you because you don't fit their 'idea' of what or who they require in their life. But either way, there's only one acceptance you should seek for. Yourself. To accept yourself for everything that you are. The good, the bad, the beautiful, the ugly - it's crucial. A lack of self acceptance could mean a lack of happiness but an abundance of it is what could/can make you successful.

2. Friends come and go. Guys do too.



As sad as it might be in the beginning, it's not that deep after a while guys. Every situation and circumstance is a blessing/a lesson in disguise. Take it, appreciate it and focus on your own path. Those who left did not make the cut and those who stray will always return if it was meant to be.

3. Your family will have your best interest at heart



Your family is vital in this life. Although there are times it can be frustrating when they shout, complain, punish or annoy you - they will always care for you in ways that your friends cannot/ will not. There have been many times where I have forgotten about the troubles of school or drama of friendships by simply being in the presence of my family. I've recently started to realise this more and appreicate a lot.

4. You can't control everything, so don't do it

You will hurt yourself so please my angels, if you can't control it just leave it be. What will be will be.

5. If you work hard, you will reap what you sow


Always grind, work hard and strive for what you want. Things do not just get given to you - you got to go get it yourself. The world doesn't owe you nothing , you have to go and get your own success. These past two years of GCSEs, ain't nobody can tell me x, y or z about the work I put into them. When I got Us, I still worked, when I got A*s, I still worked. And what I noticed is that working hard will get you places. Big or small.

6. People are funny...

One minute they love you and the next they don't. People will always be there to celebrate with you but lack presence when you're really struggling. Depend on yourself first before anyone else cause like I said, people are funny :)

7. You've got time and no time all at once. Isn't that great?

'Time is that jealous friend that always gets you back if you go off with procrastination.'Some days I genuinely feel like I've got all the time in the world and other times, it seems like time is just pouring away from me. This year I really have learnt the value of time and its effectiveness when used wisely.

8. Only you can prevent or make your happiness

People will always talk but its up to you how you will react to it. There will come a time where you will honestly do anything to make sure you're happy and you're okay - but its all down to you. Nobody should be having a key to your happiness because when they lose that key, that's it.

9. You will do last minute homework whether you like it or not


LOOOOL! The accuracy is real.

10. You will be thrown out of your comfort zone and rocks of discomfort will be thrown towards you

As exciting (and still is) as starting this blog was, it was a big push out of my comfort zone. And I'm not just saying that I had to alter some things here or there- my routine really did change. It was scary. It was the fear of the uknown. There was a lot of 'what if' and 'who may find out'. And I won't lie, I still feel like that but the fear is slowly but surely seeping out of me because........

11. I will care less about things


Not everything requires my panic, my stress or my worry. If it happens it happens. If it doesn't, it doesn't. The world will still continue either way.

12. My body is my biggest obsession

I do consider myself to be a confident person, at the best of times, but when it comes to my body/my physical appearance - I have a lot of 'Nah's. I do have flaws like everyone else and the older I've gotten, the more aware I've been about them. But I will say that I've become more accepting of some and there's some things that I do love about my bo-daaay. 

13. I'm petty because I am sensitive

Being petty often means taking something so small and putting so much energy into it. Good or bad. It can also be childish at some point as my friends might agree. But they say the more 'savage' a person is, the bigger their heart is. Us sensitive ones often result to being mean when people hurt us or take advantage over us because our sensitivity can't take it. Just remember to know when it has gone too far and take some time to get over the situation.

14. Focus on yourself

The reason why there's such a thing as haters, internet trolls or people just being negative on the internet or in general is because people are focusing on the wrong things. They're so absorbed into what another person is doing and how that person is living their life that they forget they actually have a life of their own. If you are perfecting yourself, taking time to be a better person, competing against yourself and nobody else and your're focusing on your glo'/journey - there's no reason why you should be negative, if anything you should be overjoyed about the person you're becoming into. You may feel discouraged and compare yourself to others at times - we all do! But a truly confident person will not feel the need to purposefully put others down.

15. God will always be there


As a Christian, the amount of times I have prayed, I have begged, pleaded and wished about a situation is incredible. But what's even more incredible is the peace, the calm and the sudden realisation I get when I have done these things. Sometimes we pray so much for something only to have God not respond in the way we want Him to but its all a blessing at the end of the day. I can go on about the amazing things God has done for me (Might do a post about that later) because its actually huge to me. I respect whatever a person's faith may be and I also get people have very different views and perspectives compared to myself - but in these 16 years - this has to be the biggest thing I've learnt.

FINALLY...

16. Many more things are yet to come

It's lowkey scary how I don't know what's to come. So much happens in a year. Although there's a whole load of pressure that comes with getting older, I am happy to be closing this chapter of my life, simply because it was so complicated and hard. I pray for this year to be the best year so far!



That's it guys !!! Thank you so much for reading, I apologise if it was long but I really wanted to write this down and let it out of my mind. I can't believe its March already- feels like my birthday is still months away. But next Tuesday is the big day but I will be doing something the following Saturday so I'll tell you guys what I did and hopefully it will give you some inspo if you're not sure about what to do for your own birthday. Have a blessed Sunday guys!!
"It's the journey that counts, not the destination."-uknown

*Disclaimer: Title picture's background is from pexels.com and GIFS are from GIPHY.com)*

Simply, Jessy Tee (Click the links to follow me on all my social media :)