5 Things I Learnt Since Starting School Again

October 16, 2016 0 Comments A+ a-


Heyyyaaa guys! So it has almost been a month since I've started school and I've learnt quite a lot in such a short space of time. Yeah, school is for studying, especially seeing as it's my last year. Plus it's the year that counts the most but honestly, honest to lord Jesus our saviour, I'm sick and tired of hearing the same old mantra: "This is the most important year" , "You have to give it a hundred" and "It's not time for fun and games anymore". I KNOW THAT yet they think saying all o
f that over and over again is motivating, no boo, it's demotivating - it's the complete and utter opposite of motivating.

But I'm not ranting about school and stress right now, I'm focused more on what I've personally learnt and hopefully you can take some of that learning experience and apply it to your life in some way because we are all humans up in here so let's help our brothas and our sistahs. Can I get an amen? Alright, here we go!

#1: School drains your energy as you begin GCSEs 

In other words, you become more tired. I don't know if it's just me or everyone else too but since starting school, I've been so tired. Coming home to my bed/sofa is a blessing. So remember, all that work will tire you out. Not to mention if you play sports/blog etc.

#2: Some people will never change

Probably a lot of you are thinking 'everyone has to change at some point'. True, but there are some people who no matter how much you think they'll mature/learn, they never do. Some people carry the  same persona. Good or bad. Leave those people be, just let them gooooo.

#3: You will have good days and bad days

On the first week of starting school, I cried. The second week of school I cried, again. That's two times. And although I'm sensitive, I'm not a big crier, as in crying once every week since starting school is very out of character for me. But you live and you learn.What you must realise you guys is that great things are going to happen which will fill your life with happiness and there's terrible things that will happen that will make you feel anxious or depressed. But know that you're not the only one. So enjoy the here and now and don't overthink it too much.

#4: Time is precious. Don't waste it.

Don't waste your time worrying. Don't waste your time being bitter. Don't waste your time on him/her. Don't waste something that you will never get back. In year 11, you learn that time ain't no joke! If there's a situation or person who's causing you to feel negative and you know it's not going to matter 3 years from now, don't even waste your time honey, you're worth too much for any/people negative vibes.

#5: Some people are not meant to be in your life for too long.

Enjoy the people who are in your life but always keep in mind who's permanent and who's temporary. Situations that may happen to you will show you who's is supposed to be in your life and who's not.


Thank you for reading! Comment below some things that you have learnt since starting school. Always remember to do what makes you have a peaceful mindset because at the end of the day, you have your best interest at heart. God bless xx

Simply, Jessy Tee